Friday, April 07, 2006

The Mighty Mount Everest!

Me with the famous mountain behind me.

My car buddies. Our fab driver (can't remember his name), Carol, Sandra and Aussie Mike! The roads were terrible. We were four wheel driving the whole time. I even got car sick which I never do!

My fantastic group!









They give all the tents famous names. There was one called the Taj Mahal as well. "Welcome to the Hotel California. Such a lovely place...................."









The boyz celebrating being at Base Camp. John, Simon & Puskar. The two on the left were right ol' alcoholics! They were English! Couldn't expect much more!



Post office at Base Camp. I was shocked that they had one up there! Nevertheless, it isn't very good. I sent about ten postcards from there so they could all have a Base Camp stamp on them but they got lost in the mail! That's China post for you!








My wonderful tour guide, Puskar.









Inside the tents at Base Camp. They serve you an awesome hot chocolate. It is needed. It's very cold up there!









Me and my pet Yaks, Ren & Stimpy!







Some of the awesome group I travelled with! Hello to all from my group if you're checking out the pics!








My lovely roomies! Carol (NZ) & Sandra (Switzerland).









Me and the Base Camp sign.









This is what Base Camp looks like. Just a bunch of tents on a mountain.







Me again. This was the only time I had to wear my cold weather stuff. Everyone on my trip bought so much cold weather gear but it was 30C every day!










Yeah, we made it to Base Camp!








Mt Everest at sunset. Aaagghh!









Here is the most famous mountain in the world!





Me and the beautiful mountains behind me.


Entering the National Park where Mt Everest is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home