Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Nicky's B'day (Easter)

Hey

Well, my b'day proved to be lots of fun on Thursday (April 13th)! We (Clare, Jimmy, Leon and I) went to this place called Macaroni Grill where they give you a big piece of paper as a tablecloth and you can draw all over it with crayons! Woohoo! The boyz took the piece of paper home and it now decorates their very bare loungeroom wall. What a fine piece of artwork it is! Dinner was nice and we had some drinks there. I learnt afterwards though that if they know it's your birthday, then they sing Happy Birthday to you opera style! Obviously we forgot to tell them. I had a chicken parmi which I haven't had since I left Australia! They don't do schnitzels here! :( Very much to my disgust! Then it was off to the Roxy for more bevvies and to watch the hockey! Vancouver lost therefore are not in the finals this year. Very disappointing as they did very well all year but they just couldn't perform when it counted. We proceeded to get very merry. Guess who was in the Roxy! ROBIN WILLIAMS! He was hammered! They boyz went up to shake his hand but he brushed them off! Therefore we all hate Robin Williams now! I think I woud've done the same if I had two drunken Aussie blokes come up to me! I think he's in Vancouver filming his new movie. Lots of films are made in Vancouver as it is a lot cheaper here to make them than in the US. You always see film crews on the streets. Some scenes from the show Supernatural were shot in the lobby of my apartment building! There's always lots of celebs floating around the place. We took some awesome photos that night but Clare's camera swiped them from her memory card! Sorry, no drunken photos to show this time! Probably a good thing. I'm sure we'll be getting some soon for ya!

The rest of the weekend was fun. Just involved more drinking on Friday night, movies on Sat night (saw Ice Age 2, very funny). Sunday, we all went over to Clare's house for a Sunday night roast (good work Clare)! Yesterday, just went out to lunch with my girlfriend Gia and we went for a walk down the beach here (English Bay). So all in all, it was a busy weekend. Hope you all had a good one too! Very jealous of the ppl who went to Oakbank!

Take care and I'll update you soon.

Luv Nic



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home