Sunday, May 07, 2006

Another weekend gone

Hello

Hope you are doing well. Had a really bad cold this week but now I'm getting over it. Just thought I would update ppl on what I have been doing. Not that anything terribly exciting has been happening! Moved into a new apartment this week where I have my own bedroom. Yeah! Privacy. Before I was living in the living room which was cheaper but not an ideal situation. I'm still in the same apartment building but a different apartment. The move wasn't too big.

I start a new position on Weds. I'll still be working for Tourism British Columbia but in a different department. Still only temp work but it's full-time work for another month or so. I'm looking forward to that as I'm kind of over my current role (Admin Assistant for the IT dept). I think this role will be less busy which is good. I did enjoy working in the IT dept. Learnt a lot of new things and even some stuff about computers. Everyone comes up to me and asks me questions about how to do something on their computer and I'm like "Huh?" I'm only the ADMIN ASSISTANT not a computer geek! My work is on the same street I live on which is very handy (Burrard St). Takes me 15 mins to walk to work everyday and I go home for lunch everyday which I love doing. So all is good.

Just went to my local pub on Friday night called The Dover Arms. Met Clare and Jimmy there. God bless them, they're my constant drinking buddies! Poor Clare being stuck with soo many Australians but it's gonna get worse when you come to Oz! It's such a dodgy place and full of all old ppl but we seem to love it for some reason. Our barmaid, Martine (she's Scottish) looks after us well. We love her. That was fun. Then I went to Commercial Drive to this bar called Libra Room with my Canadian girlfriends. That was good too. Commercial Drive is great. Lots of funky, alternative bars, restaurants and coffee places to hang out in. It's probably pretty similar to Brunswick St in Melbourne. My friend Hailey lives just off of Commercial so I have been hanging out down here quite a bit.

On Saturday night, we went to this pub called Soho on Davie St (gay st in Vancouver). We watched the boxing match between De La Hoya and some Asian dude (don't know what his name was!) Then, AUSSIE RULES came on and my team, The Crows, were playing! I was sooooooo excited! I was yelling and cheering. Think the ppl sitting nearby thought I was strange but who cares! Was having major withdrawal symptons from not watching aussie rules footy. Jimmy got to watch the Tiges so he was happy too. Clare reckons the Aussie footballers look like pussies! Bloody English! Then we went back to Jimmy and Leon's for some drinks. Got home about 3am. They live on the same st as me which is very convenient. Today, I'm just been chillin at home and now I'm at Hailey's hanging out. Just about to go get some Ching Chong for dinner (Chinese).

So that's it for now. Nothing too exciting happening. Just been doing the same things I would do in Adelaide but it's more exciting here coz everything is new. Only four months to go! Wow, it's gone quick. I'm looking forward to coming home though.

Boi boi.

Luv Nicky

P.S. Clare,you're a star. She's the only one that actually comments on here! C'mon you lazy Australians, some other ppl comment on here so I know that you're all still alive and well!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is your black momma e-mailing u. Haven't been in touch in a long time. I miss ya. Glad to see your living your life. Hey like this little thing you have put together.
Working too many hours. Going to Thailand and Phuket Oct. 8, for 25 days. I miss everybody. Pam says hi to everyone. Promise to e-mail everyone when I have time.

Bye for now....

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there stranger!!!
having a gork at your web page and it looks like u are having fun. how are the track pants goin??(sorry its a NZ trip joke). have to send u some pics of rob's and my engagement to and send u a photo of the gang (your true friends from st doms that u left.....u turd). laters lovey better get back to work
luv kaf.
ps- trust u to have a cold!!!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home