Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Gehe Deutschland!



Germany just scored againt Poland. 1-0! In the 91st minute. Thank god for added time. Gehe Neuville (player who scored)!!!!!


This picture is funny! The German team in training. C'mon boyz, pump those abs!

Well, I must dedicate a post to my other favourite World Cup team, Deutschland. As most of you know, my Dad is German therefore I have always barracked for Germany in the World Cup. My Dad was actually at the 1974 World Cup final when Germany won (bastard!) Soo jealous. The last time they won was in 1990. Obviously, we all know that they lost the last World Cup to Brazil :( I lived in Berlin for two months in 1999. I stayed with my Aunty in East Berlin. I went to language school for a month and the other month at the end of my trip, I was just bumming around before I went back to Australia. Berlin is a wonderful city full of soo much history. The Brandenburg Gate (see above, Checkpoint Charlie, The Rathaus (German Parliament) etc etc. There's even bullet holes still in buildings today from World War II. The transport there is fantastic and there's aways lots to do in the city. I miss Deutschland but I'm sure I'll get back there again someday. Come to think of it, I was only there in September 2005 but only in transit. I've been to Frankfurt about four times now but have never actually seen any of the city only the airport. I think the team has a good chance of winning the Cup together with their home ground advantage. Someone knock those Brazilians out please!!!!Deutschland, Deutschland ueber alles..... (Germany, Germany, over everyone...line from the national anthem).






Here is my favourite German player, Michael Ballack. He didn't play the first match due to a calf injury. He was at Bayern Munich for 4 years but now plays for Chelsea.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicky said...

Genauso wie lang als Brasilien die Tasse nicht gewinnt! Ich will Deutschland, Australien und England die alle zu machen gut. Ich denke, dass Deutschland die beste Chance aus allen Mannschaften hat.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home