Monday, June 19, 2006

Weekend of Wide World of Sports

Yes Clare, this is becoming a sports blog but when in doubt and you have nothing exciting to write about, there's always sports! The World Cup only comes around every four years! Well, Roddick lost in the semis against Blake but our Adelaide boy Lleyton Hewitt ended up winning the title for the fourth time! He joins John McEnroe and Boris Becker as the only other tennis players to have won this title four times! Roddick would've won it for the fourth time IN A ROW if Blake hadn't have beated him!!!! Oh well, congrats Lleyton! It's been awhile since he's won a title. And Australia lost to Brazil 0-2. Let's not talk about that after I got up at 8.30am Sunday morning to watch the match! Should've just stayed in bed!

On to happier things. Went to Capilano Suspension Bridge in North Vancouver on Saturday with my friends from Australia. It was awesome. The bridge is right in the middle of the rainforest! I met up with my friend Janet and her friend Dot. Janet and I were roomies on my India tour so it was great to see her again. The bridge is sooo wobbly that we couldn't stop laughing because we were falling all over the place. It should be called the Giggling Bridge! It was fun getting there. We had to take the seabus (ferry) across the water and then catch a bus to it from there. God, I can't believe people commute to Downtown like that everyday for work. Catch a bus, then catch a ferry, then possibly catch another bus. A lot different from Australia! So that was lots of fun. Bought some souvenirs as well. Sorry, would've had pictures on here but blogger won't let me add them. You can see some great pictures at http://www.capbridge.com.

Saturday night, just went to Bayside Lounge down English Bay for a couple of drinks with some friends. Very pretty view of the Bay and they had yummy margaritas! That was fun. Then on Sunday, I just went and saw Cars at the movies. It's soo funny! You have to see it.

That's all for now. Back to work. Only one more day of my assignment left. Woohoo! Then I'm off to Kelowna on Friday for the weekend. 7 hour bus ride! Yeah, I'm really looking forward to that. NOT! Should be fun. Two more weeks and then I'm home. YEAH!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home